After what feels like four long months of trying to conceive, I think we did it! It was August 3rd 2011 the day Tyler and I decided we were going to start trying to get pregnant. We were so excited! My very best friend, Dagmarie always joked about how I was so fertile, because of my extremely regular cycles, "They could just blow on you and you'll get pregnant" she'd say. Chuckling at those words, I was elated, because I knew for sure the first time would be it. Boy was I sorely mistaken! "Okay," I thought to myself, "I just have to figure out when I ovulate, and that will be that." This was not a problem since I keep a menstrual cycle tracker on my iPhone!" Could I have been wrong again?! DING! DING! DING!, The answer was YES! Now I had horrible thoughts about infertility come to my mind. "what if I can't have kids?" (I know, so dramatic right?) So I started reading books and researching about conception and fertility. I started cutting back on the caffeine and alcohol, and started taking my temperature every morning.
*Side note: For those that don't what taking your temperature has to do with fertility, please let me enlighten you... :) You have to buy a special thermometer called a Basel Body Temperature thermometer. When you menstruate, your temperature is low. As soon as you Ovulate, your temperature should rise about 4-6 points and stays high until the day before you start menstruating again. Than it plummets back down. If it doesn't do back down, it could be a very early sign of pregnancy. The reason for that you ask? Hormones of course!
So now for the good stuff. Saturday afternoon I noticed something... My cycle starting again, DARN IT! We took a day trip to my mother in-laws house, who lives an hour away. On our way there, a thought popped into my head. "Hm that's weird, my temp. didn't drop. Maybe it didn't register right. I didn't have my thermometer with me because we weren't planning on spending the night. So Sunday's temp. was not taken. Monday morning rolls around, disappointed I take my temp. expecting it to be low, but wait, what!? It's still high? Hmmmmmmm. "That's interesting!" Now it's Tuesday and you guessed it my temp. is still high, higher than yesterday even! (my cycle was supposed to start on Monday by the way). So now the thought's in my head are, if my temperature is still high, and my cycle was supposed to start yesterday, I've got some symptoms going on, but nothing abnormal from my PMS symptoms. Could it be? Am I carrying a bun?
As I stated before, today is Tuesday December 6th. I will test on Thursday if my cycle has not come by than. So stay tuned!!
No comments:
Post a Comment