Monday, December 12, 2011

The Great G

This whole pregnancy thing is still pretty weird.  I went to visit my good friend Amy in New York this past weekend.  We had a fabulous time!  We walked around the city, baked cupcakes, and fondued...is that a word?  I don't really have any real symptoms yet except for tender breasts.  Though I have noticed that my olfactory's have been extra hard at work!  But believe it or not, no nausea for me, not YET any way.  I also find myself in the bathroom a little more frequently too.  All of this, and still hasn't really hit me yet.  When I got home, Tyler asked me if I should take another pregnancy test.  "Great!" I thought to myself, "all this and he's still skeptical, and is now making ME skeptical!"

We are planning to tell the family during Christmas.  However we want to tell the Haslip side (Tyler's family) in a very unique way.  So today we had lunch with G ("G" is Tyler's Grandmother) so she could help us brainstorm on unique ways to tell the fam.  When Tyler started talking, she already had a inkling of that he was going to say.  She was so touched that she couldn't hold back her tears.  The first thing she said was "Well you know, what that means don't you?  That means I'm going to be a Great Grandmother."  We told her she was already a Great Grandmother! :)  Thrilled, she congratulated us and told us how special we were and how happy she was for the both of us. 

On our way home, (still skeptical me) says "Should I take another test?"  "If you want," said Tyler.  "Well you got me all skeptical now."  So we stopped my Wal-greens and bought another test, got home took it, and STILL pregnant"

 This is great!  I'm getting more excited as the days roll by!  I can't wait to tell my family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Of course you're still preggers! Now G can be GG! That's what we call my grandma since she became a "great".

    Gotta go dye my hair now. I just looked at it today and it's horrific! Then making cookie dough. Busy!

    ReplyDelete